Saturday, September 23, 2006

Isomalt Snowskin Mooncakes

Isomalt Snowskin Mooncakes

I have successfully formulated Isomalt Snowskin Mooncakes for Sam's Cakes & Bakes! I know that those who are in the industry reading this journal entry, may say that this is nothing new as Isomalt has already been used in countries such as Hong Kong to do their mooncakes. But like I have mentioned in my first journal entry, this bake journal is mainly used to depict my baking and culinary adventures!

Most people will think so what if isomalt is used in mooncakes? Well, to find out more, you can visit the company's website: Palatinit.

To sum up, when isomalt is 100% used in a product, it can be classified as a diabetic product. In addition, isomalt gives a lighter colour (Left: Normal Mooncakes using Icing Sugar, Right: Isomalt Mooncakes using Isomalt) and a fresher look of the end product. To make it even more interesting, the filling used in these isomalt mooncakes is black sesame paste (made using 100% isomalt). You will hear more about another isomalt product, XO Kaya by Fong Yit, when I do a demo at Mayer Causeway Point on Soya Kaya Buns (the Kaya, using the Isomalt XO Kaya by Fong Yit).