Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Brownies... By Sam

Brownies... By Sam
Well, enough of writing about Chinese New Year dishes. Today, I shall dwell into one of the cakes that top the list of favourites of my friends and relatives. Brownies! My brownies are so well received by my friends and relatives for its moist rich dark chocolate fudgy cake texture topped with a smooth semi-sweet chocolate ganache. Often, those store bought ones are either too sweet or dry and crumbly. That aside, my brownies are filled with roughly chopped roasted walnuts that gives that extra fragrant in every bite. Special mention goes to my chocolate friend, Julius, who helped me with some of my cakes photography. He is also a web graphic designer cum chocolatier. Sam's Bake Journal dwells into the science of baking, Julius Truffles Diary depicts the chocolatier's chocolate journey.