Left: Panna Cotta (Lovey Dovey), Right: Apple Surprise (Apple Of My Heart)
Since Valentine's Day is just 1 week from today, I have decided to post an easy to make Valentine's Day Dessert. The two desserts shown were featured in the "LIVE" TV Interview at Ngee Ann Polytechnic (January 26, 2007). The "LIVE" programme was "Sweet Time" which was suppose to "air" a Valentine's Day Special Programme. Well, since Valentine's Day is often a day where couples do something special for each other, I have decided to share with you all a simple recipe that you can make for your other half. Apple Surprise (which was later renamed to Apple Of My Heart). A very simple idea, but you can let your ideas run wild and modify on this recipe. In short, this recipe shows how desserts need not need to be so complicated. The ingredients in the recipe are easily available at home, all you need to do is to follow the instructions and you end up with a nice delicious looking apple bowl that can be served with a scoop of ice cream if you do not want to use the canned fruit cocktail.
2 Nos Red Apples
1 No Lemon
1 Can HOSEN Canned Tropical Fruit Cocktail
Decoration: Mint Leaves
Method: Makes 2 Apple Surprises
1. Squeeze the lemon juice out of the lemon into a bowl.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the top of the apple. Place this into the bowl of lemon juice.
3. Using the tip of the knife, go around the apple, leaving 2mm spacing from the skin.
4. Carefully use a spoon to scoop out the apple, leaving behind an apple bowl. Quickly fill the apple bowl with lemon juice to prevent it from browning. Drain off the lemon juice.
5. Open a can of HOSEN Canned Tropical Fruit Cocktail and drain the syrup.
6. Spoon the canned fruits into the apple bowl
7. Chill the apple surprise for 4 hours and serve with mint leaves as decorations.
Recipe By Samuel Chan
For Ngee Ann Polytechnic (Film Media & Studies)